- Are low-hydrogen electrodes originally designed for military applications.
- To achieve desired weld metal properties and soundness, these electrodes have small alloy additions (especially some Ni) and require careful control of moisture in the electrode covering.
- These electrodes are usually employed without subsequent postweld heat treatment.
- It has quick and easy slag removal, and which reduces clean up time.
- The low spatter level improves weld bead appearance and lends itself to higher deposition.